Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cause for Laughter

"He will yet fill your mouth with laughter 
and your lips with shouts of joy."  Job 8:21

 This weekend we brought home a new-to-us car. We've had fun driving it around and feel greatly blessed for how nice it is compared to our old junker that dear hubby drives around.  

I have to admit that the car has one feature that has brought some great laughter in the few short days we've had the car.

The seat warmers.


Not many people would have use for such a thing in 95 degree weather, but I personally love to see what happens when I secretly flip the switch to heat my hubby's seat.

Oh the laughter.  

Sometimes it's easy to take life to seriously, and I forget to try to create moments that make my family laugh. I don't know why it doesn't just come naturally.  However, some of my favorite things is seeing my daughter laugh until she cries, and hearing my son giggle in great delight.  It truly melts my heart. 

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.   
~E.E. Cummings

Lord, please fill Alyssa and Kyle's mouths with laughter and their lips with shouts of joy.  Brighten their faces with a cheerful heart and everlasting joy.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle find many things that bring them laughter each day. Bring friends in their lives who make them smile, provide moments of joy and laughter around our dinner table, and lighten their hearts when life gets too serious. May they always find it easy to giggle at the little things. Above all, with you living in their hearts, may they have an abundant, everlasting joy in their inner beings…deep inside of who they are. May Alyssa and Kyle's hearts shine You, and may their smiles reflect the joy that only comes from You, their God and Savior.

No comments: