Friday, August 12, 2011

Senior Year Elective

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."  Philippians 4:11

Lyssa's senior year of high school begins Monday.  Is this for real?  It seems like just yesterday she was beginning kindergarten.

 Lyssa's first day of kindergarten!

Lyssa was gone this week during school registration, so I had to go do it for her.  She'll love to know that her mom had to pick out an elective for her to take this semester.

Can you just sense my fear when the school secretary was issuing me this task?

I often hate making decisions for Lyss because usually I don't get it right.  Picking an elective is not a permanent decision, but one my daughter will have to live with for the next semester. 

So, the choices?
Mythology
Military History
Life Sports
Food Preparation
Broadcasting

I give you these options in hope that someone will back me up with a "Great job, Mom!" and concur that I made the right choice on her behalf.

Digital Photography

 See...she does pretty good!

I'm praying that when I announce to Lyss, when she gets home from summer camp, that her senior year schedule isn't exactly what she thought it was going to be when she left, that she'll tell me I did just what she would have done.

Of course, the fact is, life doesn't always hold everything perfectly as we wished it to be.  Sometimes we have to deal with interruptions, appointments/meetings we don't like, attitudes we despise, and classes we don't want to take.  Unfortunately, everything isn't just how we like it.  Maybe this will be one of those times.  And maybe this will be a good lesson in persevering, or being content no matter the circumstances.

Pray for me.

Pray for Lyss.

And pray that "Digital Photography" is a winner!

Oh Lord, it's hard to believe our baby is beginning her senior year in high school.  Thank you for growing her up in amazing ways, and continuing to make her who you want her to be. As she heads into a new school year, I pray that you help her to be content in every circumstance.  Stretch her through the classes that she doesn't like, the teachers that she struggles with, and the other students that sit by her side.  May this year be valuable in getting her ready for whatever you have in store for her in the future.  May this school year be one marked by high learning, fun memories, and life changing revelations.  Thank you, dear Jesus, for our dear daughter!

 

No comments: