Wednesday, August 3, 2011

His Protection

"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."  Psalm 91:11

 My babies...1998

Yesterday, we attended the funeral of Kyle's baseball friend Jayson.  Jayson was 15.  He drowned last Thursday while swimming with friends at a nearby lake.  He was just doing something that normal kids do on a hot summer day.

I know that this is the second blog I've written about this tragedy that has hit so close to home, so thank you for bearing with me.  It just has brought many things to this mother's mind.  I'm not even sure I can fully put it all into words.

Over and over again my mind has gone to the protection and safety of our kids.  Even as they are out and about just doing the normal things of life.  As they drive, hang with friends, ride their bikes to the grocery store, go to school, play sports, travel with other people...the list goes on and on...I pray that God guards them in all that they do.

Every moment of every day, please sweet Jesus!

Lord, thank you for being ever present with Alyssa and Kyle.  I know that you are never far from them as they travel here and there in life.  Please, Father, command your angels concerning them and guard them in all their ways.  Life will throw some crazy curve balls, and things that they themselves, nor I, can control, but I trust you.  I trust you alone with the life, health, and breath of my babies.  Thank you for hemming them in behind and before.  You alone, dear Jesus, are God!

No comments: