Thursday, September 1, 2011

Smiles, Pats on the Back, & High Fives

“I could strengthen you with my mouth,
And the solace of my lips could lessen your pain."  
Job 16:5 (NASB)

 Lyss (#15) and her team...August, 2011

Lyssa's new volleyball season has begun.  In fact, Tuesday the team came away with a great win, and Lyssa's stats included 19 service points. That's our girl! 

Volleyball is a great team sport, and I love watching all the girls work together to get the ball over the net.  They need each other.  Even more than that though, I love how they encourage each other, in success or failure, at the end of a play.  There are smiles, pats on the back, and high fives all around.  Even more so when a mistake is made 

That's how it should be in life...
Smiles, pats on the back, and high fives all around, especially in the hard moments.

Lord, life is full of ups and downs.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle have people in their lives that offer them encouragement and strength through smiles, pats on the backs and high fives, even when they make mistakes.  In turn, I pray that Alyssa and Kyle can be that kind of encourager to others as well.  Words of solace can lessen the pain. Our world is good at tearing people down and I pray that our kids are different than that.  May Alyssa and Kyle be able to encourage others with the encouragement they have received from you.  Lord, be the shelter, protection and hope in Alyssa and Kyle's lives.

No comments: