Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Rest

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

 Quaker Hill Camp

I needed rest, and at first, going to a Women's Retreat didn't seem like the answer.  It just seemed like more work, more time, and more of everything I felt like I didn't have. 

However, God knew just what I needed.

Wonderful girlfriends.
Blessed worship.
Life-changing lessons.
God moments.

And an entire "free-time" to myself.  I read a book, took a nap, and sat outside in God's beautiful creation. 

My heart came home rested.

Thank you, dear Jesus, for the rest that you give to those who are weary and burdened.  Thank you for knowing just what your children need.  Lord, please continue to give me the strength I need to be a good mom for Alyssa and Kyle.  When the task of parenting gets too overwhelming, may I fix my eyes on you, and stand on the promises you have for me.  I am blessed knowing that you give strength to the weary and increase the power of the weak.  Thank you, Lord, for giving me rest.


No comments: