Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Things I'm Going Over

These are the things I go over and over,
      emptying out the pockets of my life.
   I was always at the head of the worshiping crowd,
      right out in front,
   Leading them all,
      eager to arrive and worship,
   Shouting praises, singing thanksgiving—
      celebrating, all of us, God's feast!
--Psalm 42:4 (The Message)


These things I remember as I pour out my soul (Psalm 42:4 NIV), and therefore give God thanks:
  • Loving Grandparents for my children.
  • Surprise financial blessing.
  • A Pastor's Conference and hanging out with fellow ministers.
  • Moments watching our kids shine in their sport and school activities, and their growing confidence in so many areas of their lives.
  • Lyssa's driving skills are improving.  No more gasps at every turn.
  • Kyle asked a girl to Homecoming...in person (Is this a praise?  I can't decide.)
  • A date day with my hubby.
  • 45+ women joining me at Women's Bible Study.  We begin today!

Lord, my heart is full of thanksgiving as I go over and over in my head all the ways in which you ae at work in our lives.  I am eager to shout my praise today, and sing with a grateful heart, for you are a giving and gracious God.  Thank you for the love you lavish on your children!  Oh Lord, my heart rejoices in you, my Savior!

No comments: