Monday, September 19, 2011

School Strength



Whatever I have,
wherever I am,
I can make it through 
anything
in the One 
who makes me
who I am.
Philippians 4:13
(The Message)








School is picking up and homework is getting deeper.  Some days it feels a little overwhelming...and I'm not even the student!  I know that my kids can make it through anything that comes their way, but some days I think they need some added strength.

Breaking the binky habit...seemed torture.
Learning to sleep through the night...oh what a killer.
Riding a bike...nearly impossible.

At least that's how it felt at the time. Some days  I'd go back and redo those struggles to avoid  the trials of today.

Research papers, speeches, and calculus problems that seem impossible.

I pray that when it all seems "too hard" to Alyssa and Kyle, that they depend on the strength God can give them.

Lord, whatever Alyssa and Kyle have, and wherever they are, may they know that they can make it through anything with you, who makes them who they are.  You are their strength and hope.  You give wisdom and guidance when they call on your name.  I pray, dear Jesus, that when things get hard, you will be there with Alyssa and Kyle, pulling them through.  Help them to fix their eyes on  you, and to call on you when they feel overwhelmed, frightened, and alone.  You are the giver of all we need.  Thank you for being the One Alyssa and Kyle need.


 

No comments: