Friday, September 23, 2011

Unfolding Your Word

"The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple." Psalm 119:130



I love the word "unfolding" in Psalm119:130...in the original Hebrew it means to open
    1. (Qal) to open
    2. (Niphal) to be opened, be let loose, be thrown open
    3. (Piel)
      1. to free
      2. to loosen
      3. to open, open oneself
    4. (Hithpael) to loose oneself
  1. to carve, engrave
    1. (Piel) to engrave
    2. (Pual) to be engraved
I want my kids to open up God's Word and feel their spirit let loose, be thrown open, and become free to understand it in new and life changing ways.  I'm praying that whatever hinders them from knowing and loving God's Word, will fall away and their heart will break loose and be open to Him in amazing ways.  

Oh to have His Word engraved in their heart!

That is my prayer today!  


Oh Lord, precious Lord, how I love your Word, and I so want Alyssa and Kyle to love your Word too.  Open up your Word to them, unfold it so that they can understand what you have for them when they read and study it.  Let loose anything that hinders them from knowing and loving you and your Word.  I pray that your Word is a lamp to Alyssa and Kyle's feet and a light for their path.  May they delight in your decrees and not neglect your word. Engrave it on their hearts, dear Jesus!


No comments: