Monday, September 26, 2011

First "Date"

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6


My baby is growing up.  *sniff-sniff*.  

Kyle went to his first school dance this weekend...and invited a girl to go with him.  Yes, at almost 15, he' won't be doing an serious or consistent dating, but just this once we let him take a small step towards manhood.  

We had to buy some new duds. 

He purchased tickets and a corsage.

And dad had to be the chauffeur.

Whew.

I'm not ready for my boy to grow up and "get into" girls, but I can see the signs of it beginning.  

So, I'll get on my knees...big time!...and pray for him to "stick to his guns" and be the young man God wants him to be,

Oh, Lord, watch over our children as they are growing up,  I pray that we've trained Alyssa and Kyle in the ways that they should go, and that they will not choose to depart from it.  As they begin to hang out with those of the opposite sex, I pray that they remember what they've been taught, and will make wise choices.  I pray that they keep themselves pure, and live holy and pleasing lives.  Lord, I pray that my son treats girls with respect and honor, and is a gentleman in all that he says and does.  May he be the young man you call him to be.  I pray that my daughter stands firm in her convictions, and respects herself and you enough to always choose to say "no" to pressures physically, and makes wise choices with who she spends time with and gives her heart to.  You have wonderful futures planned for Alyssa and Kyle and I pray that they always choose to follow you with their lives.

No comments: