Monday, June 27, 2011

Things Never Imagined

"If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ."  1 Peter 4:11

 Lyss helping at VBS last summer.

Last night VBS started...whew.  I love how God pulls this week together.

Once upon a time...
I never imagined I'd direct a VBS.
I never considered teaching a women's Bible study.
I freaked at the thought of talking in front of anyone anywhere.

There were a lot of things I never knew I could do.
There were even a lot of things I decided I'd never even try.

However, God had something else in mind for my life.

I'm thankful, that He saw something different for me than I saw for myself.
I'm thankful that He opened my eyes to His power in my life.

I know that there are a lot of things that Alyssa and Kyle think
     they will never do too.
Or things that they think they can't do.

However, God has something in mind for their lives.

He will be transforming them from the inside out.
He will open their eyes to His power that lives within them.
He will grow and develop gifts and talents in them
     that they don't even know they have.

I can't wait to see what kind of things they will do with their life...
Things never imagined.

Lord, thank you for who you made Alyssa and Kyle to be, and what they will become with your transforming power working in their lives.  They will serve you with the strength you provide them.  We are all given different gifts to use for your purposes and glory.  All the plans you have for them will succeed if they keep their eyes fixed on you.  Lord, teach them that they can do all things through your strength.  They will do things they've never imagined.  Oh the joy they will find in following you, dear Jesus, and giving their lives wholly to you. 

No comments: