Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Learning New "Stuff"

"Blessed is the man who finds wisdom,
   the man who gains understanding..."  
--Proverbs 3:13

 Kyle and his friend Jake...2005

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this yet on my blog, but Kyle recently was accepted to a new baseball team.  It's exciting and scary all at the same time (at least for mom) because he's playing on a high school team, with some kids much older than he is.  I mean some have facial hair and their voices have this deep, manly tone about them.  At 14, I know that it won't be long until Kyle sees those changes too, but a mom can be in denial if she wants.  

There are a lot of changes playing with the big boys...besides facial hair and manly voices.  There seem to be games almost every day and often a 2 hour warm up before a game, or a 3 hour practice on non-game days.  This is getting serious man.

One day after a game/practice last week, Kyle got in the car and I asked my usual "how did it go?"  He responded with "Wow I'm learning a lot of new stuff."  

I love that.  This is a great opportunity for Kyle.  

I love that my kids are continually learning, and also willing to admit that there is something they don't know.  I pray that they are always open to listening to the wisdom and advise of other people in their lives, and to be teachable when there is something new to learn.  May they always be so excited to gain wisdom!

Now that's makes a smart kid!

Kyle with the "big boys" last week.

Lord, thank you for the growing wisdom that happens within Alyssa and Kyle's minds.  Continue to help them be accepting of others guidance and wisdom.  Open their ears to hear the things being taught and the wisdom to know what is not the correct teaching.  May Alyssa and Kyle always search wisdom and gain understanding.

No comments: