Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Making a List

"I'll make a list of God's gracious dealings,
   all the things God has done that need praising,
All the generous bounties of God,
   his great goodness to the family of Israel—
Compassion lavished, love extravagant."
Isaiah 63:7 (The Message) 



I'm making a list and "checking it twice" of all the things God has done that need praising:
  • The boys traveled for a a baseball tournament last weekend...they were safe, they had fun, and Kyle got his first hit on this new "man" team.  
  • The girls stayed home and had some good time together...working on VBS, shopping, and watching movies.  
  • VBS is coming together.  I love that most of the youth in the church are volunteering to help out!  I especially enjoyed watching our girl use her talents in the painting department for the decorations.  10 more days until the big kick-off.  Much to do.  Oh much to do!
  • Alyssa drove for the first time!...and came back safe.  
  • Praying together at YIPPS was a blessing.
God is good...ALL the time!

Lord, I will tell of all of your kindnesses, and the deeds for which you are to be praised.  The list above is not exhaustive in any way and my heart rejoices that you are living and active in our lives.  Thank you for the way you are present in Alyssa and Kyle's lives and how you are wooing them to yourself.  I can't keep silent about my deep love for you, Lord, and how grateful I am for your faithful activity throughout each day.  You are our Sovereign Lord, and the Lord Almighty, and I give you praise.  Amen.

No comments: