Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Held Together

"He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." Col. 1:17

Picture taken by Lyss

Today, I am thankful for the scripture I found for today. I am thankful that He is God and I am not. I am thankful that in Him all things hold together.
  • My husband and I are just about to celebrate 22 years of marriage.
In Him all things hold together.
  • We are a family with two teenagers who love Jesus, get good grades, and are individuals to be proud of in so many ways.
In Him all things hold together.
  • We've been pastoring our church for 17 years and still find it exciting to be in ministry!
In Him all things hold together.
  • We have a beautiful home and I've been able to be a stay-at-home for the last 17 years.
In Him all things hold together.

In Him all things hold together.


Lord, I thank you that you are God, you are before all things, and that in you all things hold together. You are our awesome Creator, and you make everything beautiful in its time. As a mom, I am always trying to hold everything together, and do things in my own strength. However, you are God and I am not, and I can look to you for strength, wisdom, and hope as I parent, be a wife, minister, and just live day by day. You, Lord, are the glue that holds my marriage together, and keeps my family united. You are my strength, when I am weak. You are my hope, when things feel hopeless. You are my light, when the days seem dark. You are God, and in you all things hold together...even me.

No comments: