Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thankful Thursday: His Calming Peace

"And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, "Peace! Be still!" And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm."  Mark 4:39

 Lyss & Kyle...2008

I'm not a huge worrier...until it comes to my kids.  As I pray for Alyssa and Kyle each day, and sometimes pen stories or thoughts that have been impressed on my heart that day, God takes control of the storm I sometimes feel and says "Peace! Be still".

And there is a great calm.

Thank you, dear Sovereign Lord, for your calming peace in my life.  I revel in the assurance that you take great delight in me, and will quiet me with your love, rejoicing over me with singing.  Help me to "be still and know that you are God", especially where my kids are concerned.  I pray, Father, that you continue drawing Alyssa and Kyle to yourself so that they know you as God, Savior, and Friend.  In the area where I am weak in my parenting, I know you are strong and I'm thankful that you fill in all the gaps.  Thank you, Lord for your calming peace as I love, teach and let go of control in Alyssa and Kyle's lives.  They are yours for ever and ever.

No comments: