Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Proud Moment

"Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked."  Psalm 97:10

I'm so proud of my boy.  I love the glimpses I get to see of him turning into a strong and wise young man.

Last week, Kyle was out of town with his baseball team, and in some of his free time he and one of his friends went to browse in a bookstore close by.  While perusing through the magazines they caught sight of another young boy about their age sifting through the "bad" magazine section, unwrapping them, taking a look, and then stuffing them into his jacket when he thought no one was looking.

As this young man left, Kyle and his friend decided to follow him and after the boy exited the store, they told a store clerk what they had seen.  Seconds later, from what I understand, the boy was caught and inside his jacket were many magazines he had tried to swipe.

Yeah Kyle!

One, I'm thankful that my boy wasn't looking at the magazines in that section.

Two, I'm proud of his courage and choice to do the right thing and turn the boy in.

I pray that Kyle always "hates what is evil and clings to what is good" and right.  This was a good start!

Lord, I love the moments where I see our children making good choices.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle always hates what is evil and clings to what is good.  May your Holy Spirit always teach them to do your will and lead them on level ground, reminding them of everything you have said.  Help Alyssa and Kyle to not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of their mind. Then they will be able to test and approve what your will is—your good, pleasing and perfect will.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle reflect you in all that they say and do.  Thank you, dear Jesus, for the little moments where I can be proud of who my children are becoming!

No comments: