Friday, June 10, 2011

Her Beauty

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight."  1 Peter 3:3-4


Yesterday I I took my daughter for a "quick" trip to Walgreens.  Oh a girl has so many needs!  By the time we left we needed a bag to help carry all of our loot.  There happened to be a good clearance on beauty supplies.  Still she took away more than we went in for and probably more than she really needs.

I have nothing against a few hair products or a little make-up.  Even I spend money on those kinds of things.  But as I contemplated the wad, I was reminded to pray for my daughter's self esteem.  I hope she knows she is beautiful, even without all that stuff, and that above all her beauty will shine greater as His Spirit lives in her and as she exudes a gentle and quiet spirit. 

Lyss, you ARE beautiful, and I know that the King is enthralled with your beauty! (Psalm 45:11)

Lord, you have fearfully and wonderfully made both of our children.  Alyssa and Kyle are precious in your sight and you love them.  I pray especially for Alyssa today that she would know that she is beautiful, and that her beauty does not come from outward adornment. Instead, her beauty really comes from that of her inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in your sight.  Lord, give her a sense of confidence and peace about who you have made her to be. May she know and believe that you are God and you love her deeply.  Thank you, dear Jesus, for being alive and active in Lyss's life and you make her beautiful.


No comments: