Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Your Hands and Feet

"Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other." John 13:34-35

God showed His love to our family through other people this week.  This list is not exhaustive, but my heart is full of thanksgiving.  These people were in many ways His hands and feet.
  • I met a couple of friends for coffee/lunch and though I thought I was meeting them to offer them encouragement and support, the encouragement actually came to me.
  • I watched an adult in our church give my daughter a hug and ask her how she was doing.
  • Another friend took my daughter to lunch, spent some time with her and got her involved using her gifts for a ministry in our church.
  • A sweet note from a church member just saying "thank you."
  • An email saying "I'm praying for you" from someone I hadn't seen in awhile.  
  • The gift of a manicure from a another friend just to say "I appreciate you."
  • Coffee, lemon cheesecake and prayer with another friend in the midst of a hard day.
  • A sweet phone call with my mom.
I'm thankful for the many ways I felt loved this week...and the many ways I saw God's love in action!




Oh Lord, thank you for the many ways you love your children.  Thank you for loving Alyssa and Kyle.  I pray that they in turn can love the people around them because they live in the knowledge that they are deeply loved by you.  May they be your hands and feet to the hurting and lonely world around them.  Move their spirits to reach out and spread your love and compassion to those that may even appear to be unlovely and unwilling to receive your love.  Lord, because we are loved we can give love freely to others.  Thank you, Lord, for the precious ways we saw you active in our lives this week.


No comments: