Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pure, Clean, and Unblemished

"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land; but if you resist and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword." Isaiah 1:18-20

Kyle at Grammy & Papa's...2008

Through the day yesterday, and continuing on through the night, we received another downpour of snow. You know what my favorite part of snow is?  I love the way it looks before it's been marred by footprints or tire tracks. Pure, clean, and unblemished.

It reminded me of the verse in Isaiah about our sins, though like scarlet, will become as white as snow. God makes our lives new, and takes our sins and washes them away.  Pure, clean, and unblemished.

The snow is a beautiful reminder to ponder and behold. When it becomes white outside, I will remember to pray for the gift of God's forgiveness, cleansing and salvation in my children's life. When they believe in Him, He will make them pure, clean, and unblemished. Their sins will be forgiven and made white as snow.

Lord, thank you for the snow today (and that I can be inside all day). It's pure white beauty reminds me of your promise that you will make our sins as white as snow. Thank you for making me clean, washing my sins away, and filling me with your love and forgiveness. I pray that my children open their hearts to you, Lord, and accept your gift of forgiveness. May they trust you, and believe that you love them despite whatever they have done, but take their sins, make them clean, and love them abundantly always. Lord, as Alyssa and Kyle grow older, I pray that they hold on to your sweet gift of salvation. as you hold on tightly to them, all the days of their lives.

No comments: