Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hold that Tongue

"A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel."  Proverbs 15:18


Holding my tongue is something I'm working on.  It's easier to speak in my anger or frustration.  I pray that its an easier lesson for my kids to learn, than it has been for me.

Well, that's all I have to say...for now anyway!

Lord, help us to guard our tongues and speak only that which builds others up. Stir my children to learn this lesson even at their young age.  May Alyssa and Kyle use words that build up others, and encourage those around them.  Holy Spirit, nudge our hearts when we are tempted to let our feelings get the better of us, and help us to respond in ways that glorify you.  A patient person calms a quarrel.  May we be the one to bring peace.

No comments: