Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas With Our Church Family

"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. 
Worship the Lord with gladness; 
come before him with joyful songs." Psalm 100:1-2

Church Christmas Program...2004

Dashing, dashing, dashing. Tis the season for dashing. We've had many church activities over the last couple of weeks to help celebrate the season and the birth of our Savior.

An Advent Service.
The Pastor's Christmas Open House.
The Children's Christmas Program (and it's rehearsals).
The ladies gathered for a Christmas white elephant exchange.
A youth group Christmas party.

And we still have 8 days until Christmas!

Take a deep breath.

As I reflected on what I wanted to pray about today, I thought of the joy I find in celebrating this season with my church family...even in the busyness. Part of the joy of this season, is being with those you love, and with those who also take great delight in rejoicing over the birth of Jesus. I've never celebrated Christmas without being a part of a church family, and I pray that my children never choose to either. I hope that they have many more Christmas programs, parties, and church services in their future, celebrating the reason for this beautiful season.

Two Little Angels, Natalie & Kyle...2004

Lord, this season is all about you. The lights, trees, gifts, and activities all should be done in honor of you, and in gratitude for the gift of your Son Jesus. Than, you for the joy that comes in celebrating this season with a precious church family. Thank you for the blessing it is to worship you together. In the busyness, may we not loose our focus on the reason for this season. Lord, I pray that my children will find great delight in this season as well, and great joy in celebrating you through all the activites and events in our schedule. May they always remember that you are the center of this season, and never walk away from being a part of a church family of their own. I pray that you, Lord, are always a part of their lives, and of their Christmas celebrations for years to come. Lord, be ever near us in the coming days as we fix our eyes on you, the Savior of the world!

No comments: