Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hair Cut Bravery...and Success!

"And even the very hairs on your head are numbered."  Matthew 10:30

 Kyle...before

Kyle saved us some money yesterday.  He's been insisting lately that he wants a buzz cut and that we can do it at home.  So yesterday we took the plunge. 

 Kyle...during

Kyle was only worried for a second.  

I love Kyle's 'can-do' mindset about things, but in all seriousness I couldn't believe he was so brave and trusting to let me cut his hair.  Especially when I've never done such a thing before.  Sometimes to a 14 year old, hair is everything!  No pressure.  In spite of my objections, Kyle was insistent this would work.  He was so committed to the idea that he paid for the clippers himself (and he obviously took all the risk if this venture didn't work out so well).

Kyle's brave and adventurous spirit will get him far in life.  He'll need courage to make friends, go to school, marry a girl, spread the gospel, or live out God's calling in His life. Bravery will be a day by day decision and need, but will bring great success and joy.

The important thing for Kyle to remember is, that if God knows every hair on his head, I'm sure that God knows every detail of where He will send him in his life. 

Studly...after

Lord, how amazing it is to know that you know the number of hairs on our head.  You know our future and the things you have planned for our lives.  What hope, peace, and strength that brings our lives.  Give Alyssa and Kyle a bravery and boldness to live life to the fullest, to think of life as an adventure, and know that you are their faithful guide, leader, and protector.  Thank you, Lord, that nothing is impossible with you!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - Kyle was very brave! I'm not sure I'd let you around me with a pair of scissors or any other sharp object. Way to go mom! Thanks for your reminder that this life is an adventure and though we have a part to play in preparing our kids, the ultimate Protector and Nurturer is God Himself. Thankful it is NOT all up to me. I've tried to count every strand of hair and it is impossible! Our God is amazing!