Sunday, April 18, 2010

We are His

"Shout for joy to the LORD.
Worship the LORD with gladness;
       come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
       It is he who made us, and we are his;
       we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
       and his courts with praise;
       give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
       his faithfulness continues through all generations."
                                                --Psalm 100 

Both of the kids have been gone this weekend.  I've missed them greatly.  I'm ready to see both of their faces and squeeze them with hugs and kisses.  Oh how they will love that.  

Before they left to go their separate direction, I reminded them to make wise choices and good decisions in all that they would say and do.  Half joking, and half serious, I wanted them to remember that they are going out in the world and representing their parents, even though we weren't together.  Even more importantly I wanted them to know that they are God's children and represent Him as they are out and about with their friends.  

The older they get the more they are out of my eye sight, and who knows what they are doing.  Kind of scary for a mom.  I'm going to pray and trust that they know they are God's children, and they will represent Him well wherever they go, and by whatever they say and do.

I can't wait to see you, children of mine!  Come home, come home!

Lord, I know that it is you who made us, and we are yours.  We represent you daily through our actions and our words.  I pray, Lord, that I reflect you in beautiful ways.  As our children hang with their friends, and go out into the world, I pray that they stand firm in their faith and choose to live the way you desire them to live, on a daily basis.  May they not be tugged and pulled by the world to make unwise choices.  Reflecting you every day, in everything they say and do, is my highest hope.  Lord, be the voice speaking in their ear, "this is the way, walk in it." 

1 comment:

JT said...

Amen. I love to see someone praying for their children. May God Bless You.