Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Best Hike

"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."  Psalm 16:11

Family Hike...2005

We've made some wonderful memories going on family hikes...hiding behind trees to scare one another, throwing pine cones or berries at the person in the lead, playing follow the leader, climbing fallen trees, and racing to the end of the trail.  What joy we always have being together on the journey.

And what pleasure there is when we reach the end destination.

At the top!

This is much like our spiritual journeys.  When we accept Jesus as our Savior, we embark down this new and wonderful path, and God's presence fills us with joy as we travel with Him

"And He walks with me,
And He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known."
(Hymn: In the Garden)

One day we will reach our final destination.  Heaven is awaiting us, and what a day of rejoicing that will be!

I pray that our children begin this life long journey with Jesus, accept His wonderful gift of salvation, and travel with Him forever. I can promise them that it will be the best hike that they'll ever go on!

Journeying with you, Jesus, is the best part of my life, and I long for our children to journey with you as well.  I pray that they accept your invitation to this hike of a lifetime, and follow you down the paths of life you give them.  Your presence will go with them, filling them with joy, guiding them into treasures to behold, and providing them with an eternal place by your right hand.  Your salvation is sweet, dear Jesus, and I pray that they take hold of your hand and allow you to lead their lives from this day forward.  Thank you, Lord, for the precious gift of a life with you!

No comments: