Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Surgery Blessings

 "If one falls down, 
his friend can help him up. 
But pity the man who falls 
and has no one to help him up!"
Ecclesiastes 4:10

My week has been marked by having to have gall bladder surgery, and the recovery that followed.  I saw God in many ways, and have much to be thankful for. 
  • One husband and seven friends with me in the waiting room on surgery day.  It helped pass the nervous minutes before I had to head back and get ready for surgery.  Three of those friends (and of course, Ken) came back to pray with me, and that was a rich blessing.
  • Three friends helping get our kids here, there, and everywhere.
  • Two friends who came and "babysat" me in moments I was going to be by myself.
  • Six friends who brought our family meals.  Oh boy were they delicious!
  • Three friends who gave me gorgeous flowers.
  • Three friends who showered me with extra little gifts.
  • One friend who dropped in with an iced vanilla latte.
  • Another friend gave me a stack of magazines to read.
  • Many, many friends who sent cards, e-mails, called me on the phone, and prayed.
  • My husband and children blessed me with flowers, ice cream and chocolate...and filled in and helped in so many ways over the last 5 days. 
So many blessings.  I'm racking my brain, and hope I didn't miss anything huge.  I keep blaming my brain "freezes" on being drugged.  Ha!  One thing I do know, is that I am one richly blessed woman!

I hate this picture below, but besides the picture of my gall bladder, it's all I've got to remember my big event by.  I embarrass my kids enough with all their old pictures, so I guess it's my turn.


 If you were one of my blessings this week...Thank You!!!!

Lord, you have richly blessed me with a wonderful church family, and with precious friends.  My heart is full of thanksgiving and praise.  So many people were your hands and feet to my family, and they reflected you in beautiful ways!  Thank you, Jesus, for loving me through so many. 

No comments: