Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chicken and Roses


"Enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun."  Ecclesiastes 9:9

I attended our annual church Women's Retreat this last weekend.  Oh what a blessed time with God.  So, so thankful!

When I came home from retreat I was delighted with so many little touches of love. 
 Roses on the table.
Chicken in the crock-pot.
Laundry washed and folded.
Floors vacuumed.
And a happy, happy family. 

I am one richly blessed woman, that's for sure!  I'm so thankful for my husband and all the little ways he shows me his love.  Romance is a nice touch, but even more than that, however, is his thoughtfulness and sacrifice in so many little ways.  Daily he finds ways to show me how much he loves me. 

I'm praying that our son is watching and taking some good lessons, because if he is, his future wife is going to be one lucky lady too. 

Lord, you have given me a wonderful man who shows me love, in so many ways, and on a daily basis.  Help our son to take lessons from his father or grandfathers on how to be thoughtful, self-less, giving, and even romantic.  I believe you have a special woman just for Kyle, and you are growing her and preparing her for a man who loves you, lives for you, and will take care of her in beautiful ways.  Continue to make Kyle the man you want him to be.  Draw him closer to you, dear Jesus, and help him fix his eyes on you as the author and perfecter of his faith.  Teach him to give sacrificially, love deeply, and forgive easily.  May he become a wonderful man of God, who loves his family, and serves you for the rest of his life.  I trust you, Jesus, with Kyle's life and believe you are moving in and through him in wonderful ways.

No comments: