Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Christ is Risen!


"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  Romans 5:8

Oh how He loves you and me! 

"God loved the people of this world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has faith in him will have eternal life and never really die."  John 3:16  (CEV)

Oh how He loves you and me!

"Why are you looking among the dead for someone who is alive?  He isn't here!  He is risen from the dead!  Remember what he told you back in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be betrayed into the hands of sinful men and be crucified, and that he would rise again on the third day." Luke 24:5-7 (NLT)

Oh how He loves you and me!

Easter was a grand celebration this week, and a good reminder to me of Christ's deep, deep love!  My heart has been moved to give Him thanks many times this week as I reflect on His sacrifice and gift to all of creation. It is what I am most thankful for this week, many times over!

Lord, thank you so much for sending your Son as an atonement for MY sins, and making a way that I can one day stand in your presence face to face, and live with you forever.  You are my God, and I love you with all that I am.  I thank you, Lord, that you also sent your Son for my children, and that you love them that much.  Jesus Christ, thank you for dieing on the cross for me, and for my daughter and son.  May they always live for you! 

No comments: