Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thankful Thursday: God's Living Water


"They will neither hunger nor thirst, nor will the desert heat or the sun beat upon them. He who has compassion on them will guide them and lead them beside springs of water."  --Isaiah 49:10

Did you know you can spend a lot of money at the grocery store on fluids to drink?  My family seems to have this need for liquids galore. Right now in my refrigerator you can find milk, water, iced tea, crystal light tea, cranberry juice, orange juice, capri suns, diet coke, dr. pepper, and sprite.  If you're like me you are probably laughing.  You must think that this family has some deep thirst that needs to be filled.   

Thirst:
1.  a. A sensation of dryness in the mouth and throat related to a need or desire to drink.
     b. The desire to drink.
2. An insistent desire; a craving

I'm praying that my kids have an "insistent desire" and crave God like nothing else, because He truly is the only "Real Thing".  He ultimately quenches every thirst that we have. 

Lord, I am so thankful that you have compassion on your children and you guide us and lead us  beside springs of water.  You quench every thirst as our true Living Water.  I pray, dear Jesus, that my children have an insatiable thirst for you, and you alone.  May they not look to anyone or anything else to fill any emptiness or dryness that they may feel in their lives.  As a deer pants for water, so may their soul pant for you.

No comments: