Sunday, April 11, 2010

God Our Master Planner

Kyle and his best friend Jake--2005

Today’s verse: “O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.” Isaiah 25:1

I often wonder what my kids will be like when they grow up. Will they be successful in their jobs? Will they be a part of changing society or people’s lives for the better? What will their lives hold? Only God knows for sure.

A few years ago we asked Kyle, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” and his reply still gives me the chuckles when I think about it. He boldly replied, “I want to be a professional baseball player, or a worker at McDonalds.” Come to find out, McDonalds was in the running because he figured he would get free food. Well, let’s hope that of the two choices, he becomes a professional baseball player…that way, he can buy all the cheeseburgers he wants!

He's on his way to being a professional!
12 year old State Champions--2009

I know, without a shadow of doubt, that God has a marvelous plan for my children’s lives. He offers them a future and a hope. He’s created them for something spectacular, and I just can’t wait to see what unfolds as they begin to find their passions, think about higher learning, and make decisions in regards to their careers. I pray that they will always seek God for guidance, and desire to follow His plan for their lives.

Where His plan leads, nobody knows. But what I DO know? It’s sure gonna be good!

Dear Master Planner, and Precious Lord, I believe, with all that I am, that you have something spectacular planned for my children’s lives. You have all their days planned out for them, and have created them in wonderful ways, for wonderful things. I praise you for making them in such beautiful ways, with special gifts, and for specific purposes. They are a part of your plan, and I know that your plan is good. I pray, Lord, that my kids will always seek after you, and follow your plans for their lives. I pray that they find your calling on their lives, and follow it with all their hearts. May their lives glorify you in all that they say and do, and in how they live their lives, from now until the end of their days.
(Reprint from October 18, 2009)

No comments: