Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thankful Thursday

“Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. For I am coming, and I will live among you,” declares the Lord.  Zechariah 2:10

Mother's Day Tulips from Kyle


I am glad that God lives in my life and among my family!  I have reason to shout and be glad today!
  • Lyssa is home from college!  YAHOO!
  • I felt spoiled and loved on Mother's Day!  And though my "pick" for dinner was too busy, I enjoyed eating out and just having the four of us spending some time together!
  • My boy came home Sunday with purple tulips for me.  My favorite! It made my heart leap for joy.
  • I came home from work on Monday night to dinner done and on the table.  Lyss was a super-star and I felt loved!
  • This week we our van "died" on the way to the grocery store, but not before we barely parked in the mechanics parking lot.  Though it's not fun to have to put some money into our vehicle, I was thankful for the amazing proximity to where we could get help.
  • Unfortunately the same day our home air conditioner went out...on the hottest days of the spring so far.  My sweet hubby worked hard throughout his day off to try to fix it himself, but was unsuccessful.  I was thankful for the fix-it man coming out at 9 pm at night to give us a hand after a long day. (People say that things break in three's...well, to prove it's sometimes right, our keurig coffee maker broke on Tuesday.  Oh my!  We hit three.  Now lets pray no more!)
  • Since home, Lyssa has also has been job hunting...and has her first interview this afternoon!  Yeah God!
 Yes, much to give God thanks for!

Lord, I shout and am glad that you come and live among us!  I see you at work in so many ways and revel in the many blessings I see.  Even in the hard times, and through discouragement and craziness, I will praise you. I love watching you at work in Alyssa and Kyle's lives.  I pray that they sense your presence and find themselves glad that they are your children!  You are so good!


 

No comments: