Saturday, May 4, 2013

Mama-Bear Moment

"The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him."  Exodus 15:2

I found myself wanting to be Kyle's defender this week.

Oh the mama bear in me never goes away.

Kyle playing short-stop Monday night (2013)

Go back to Monday night's baseball game.  Kyle made a pretty cool play (more like AWESOME in this mother's opinion), throwing a ball to home to get an out.   The problem was the the coach kept yelling at him to make the play at first.  Sure it was the safer play, but Kyle was pretty sure he could get the out at home.  And they did!

So, when Kyle came off the field and the coach was having "words" with him, his mom began wanting to have words with the coach.  Watch out for that mama bear!  I'm sure Kyle would have appreciated his mom coming to his defense. Not.

Well I like thinking about God as my kid's Defender.  He's probably got that same "mama bear" tendencies when it comes to His children, and I'm guessing does a better job at it!  When the Enemy wants to try to have his way with Alyssa and Kyle's hearts, God will stand in their defense.  Or when temptation seizes them, He will be their strength and courage.  Even as they are treated unfairly in life, I know that God will come to their rescue.  He is their ultimate Defender in everything!

Today, I'm praying that Alyssa and Kyle know God as their strength and defender in personal ways, and live in the refuge of His salvation.

And I'm praying for Kyle's coach too (HA!...just teasing!  He ended up seeing the play from Kyle's perspective and told him "good job"!  Kyle didn't need me after all.)

Lord, I pray that Alyssa and Kyle know you as their salvation, their strength, and their defender.  I pray that they fix their eyes on you, as the author and perfecter of their faith, and look to you for all they need.  May their voice declare, "He is my God, and I will praise him!"  

 

No comments: