Friday, February 22, 2013

Tip-Top Shape

" I don't know about you, but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me!  1 Corinthians 9:26 (The Message)


For weeks (or months) now, Kyle has been conditioning for the new baseball season that is about to begin.  His high school baseball tryouts are today.  YAHOO!  On top of all the baseball work outs he's been taking a weight lifting class since the beginning of the school year.  I'll tell you what, because of all this "fun" stuff, he's growing strong and healthy. (So strong and healthy that he's growing out of his clothes...good grief!)

I am reminded to pray for both my kid's continued health in life, but also their discipline to do their part to stay that in tip-top shape.

I hate to admit it, but you better pray for their mom as well...

Lord, our bodies are the temple of your Holy Spirit, and you want us to lead disciplined and healthy lives.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle find within themselves to do their best at keeping their bodies in tip-top shape, looking to your help to be disciplined in their eating habits and exercise.  I don't want them to be obsessed by it, by any means, nor become prideful in their body image, but I do pray that they become good stewards of the bodies you have given them.  May they give everything that have to keep from sloppy living.  Thank you, dear Jesus, for Alyssa and Kyle's health and their strong and able bodies.  You have fearfully and wonderfully made my precious babies!  And oh how I love them!

 

No comments: