Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things."  Jeremiah 33:3

I'm thankful that I can call on the Lord as I parent my dear babies.  Every growth, delight, and good sign is all because of Jesus, and I give Him praise.  Here's a few blessings this week...


My son is growing up.  First off, we had to buy some new dress clothes for his school dance, after finding his last set of dress clothes, bought 14 months ago, were like 3 sizes too small. Good grief! But I see signs of Kyle growing into manhood, in attitude, in discipline, and in abilities.  I'm proud of the young man he is becoming.


My dear hubby is sweet to me.  I forgot to take a picture of my valentine gift, but it was a basket full of my favorite things.  He is always listening and aware of my needs and wants and I can't help but give God thanks for the way he loves me.  So blessed.  This coffee was to celebrate our 23 1/2 years of marriage!


You will only know that the above picture is an answer to prayer after you read my blog NEXT Monday.  I wasn't thinking and wrote a blog for yesterday, forgetting that I usually do a "Wordless Wednesday".  Duh.  So, I saved what I wrote and you'll get to read it on Monday.  Anyway, the God-sighting part of this is that I wrote about wanting my kids to have teachable hearts, and then Lyss posted a picture about being mentored and listening.  Yeah God!


Our church is celebrating 50 years of ministry this weekend.  Ken and I have been pastors here for the last 19 years, and I have been continually reminded this week of the blessing it has been in my life to be a part of this church family, to have the privilege of leading this group of believers, and to feel so loved!  God is truly alive and active in this precious body and I thank Him for His faithfulness, grace, and mercy as we try to do His work.

So many wonderful things!  Thank you, dear Jesus!

Lord, my heart cries out in praise and worship for the amazing ways I see you in my life.  As I call on you, on behalf of our children, I can see the ways you are moving in them. Thank you for not leaving Alyssa and Kyle alone, and not leaving their lives totally dependent on the job I've done as a parent.  You are teaching them, loving them, and drawing them closer to you in so many ways that I can't.  You are a loving and compassionate God and you spread your covenant of love to a thousand generations.  Oh what a delight to know that you love THIS generationI stand in awe of who you are.  Thank you, Lord, for these precious blessings!

 

No comments: