Tuesday, February 12, 2013

His Yoke

"The trees of the field will yield their fruit and the ground will yield its crops; the people will be secure in their land. They will know that I am the Lord, when I break the bars of their yoke and rescue them from the hands of those who enslaved them."  Ezekiel 34:27


 Kyle on an amusement park ride...
strapped up and ready to go!

"Part of God's consistent character is wooing the captive to freedom."  --Beth Moore, Breaking Free

So many things can keep us from experiencing a life of freedom and joy in Christ.  I look at my children's lives, and pray that God will keep them from being held captive by fears, depression, low self worth, dependence on drugs, alcohol or food...and the list goes on and on. Each and any one of those things will hold them back from living the abundant life God has planned for them, and replace the security He alone gives.

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  Matthew 11:29-30

I pray that Alyssa and Kyle always live in the real existence of Christ's yoke!


Lord, I come boldly to your throne and pray on Alyssa and Kyle's behalf.  I pray that they will be secure in their land, and will know that you are the Lord.   Please break the bars of whatever yokes them to something or someone other than you, and rescue them from the hands of whatever enslaves them.  Remove, Lord, the fears that hold Alyssa and Kyle, and keep them from experiencing true freedom in their lives.  Bind them only to You.  You are consistent and faithful, loving each of your children, providing peace, a firm foundation, and courage to live life abundantly.  Lord, may Alyssa and Kyle sense your wooing, and your call to a life of freedom in you! 
 

No comments: