Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday: A Partner in "Crime"

I'm thankful for my dear hubby, who in the busyness of this day, wrote a blog post for me. Here's a thought from one of my favorite people in the world.  I love you, partner!


In this season of giving, spending and receiving, I'm reminded to pray that our kids learn the joy of contentment.  Recently I read (from One Thousand Blessings) that the first sin committed in the Bible is the sin of being discontent with everything God has already given.  Satan already had abundant blessing from God and yet he wanted more and hence fell from heaven.  He then tempted Adam and Eve to also become dis-satisfied with all that God had richly provided.
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do everything through him who gives me strength."  Philippians 4:12-13

Heavenly Father, our abundant provider, we pray You will help our children learn how to be content.  In all things we pray You will help them to find their strength and joy in and through you - rather than turning to outward circumstances or material things to fill their soul.  Even as they enjoy the gift giving of this season, we pray they will never loose sight of their most precious gift born so many years ago for their salvation.  Lord, You are enough.   Teach our kids to always trust You and to be content with what You have already given.  We pray that our hearts, and the hearts of our kids, will always want for only You.

No comments: