Saturday, December 3, 2011

God's Beautiful Benefits

“Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.” Psalm 103:1-5

Sister & Brother, Fall 2008

“Salvation Saturday” always reminds me of the main purpose that God has placed on my heart for daily writing on this blog, and putting my prayers down on “paper”. My heart’s desire is that my children fall in love with Jesus, live their lives for Him, and rest in the promises of His Word. His benefits are so great, and they can be partakers of these things on a daily, or moment-by-moment basis. Forgiveness, healing, redemption, love, compassion, blessing, and renewal are available to them in abundant ways. I pray that they don’t just recognize these benefits from a distance, but stand hand-in-hand with the God who lavishes them with such precious things.


Dear Heavenly Father, I believe that the salvation of my children is the biggest prayer of your heart as well. I believe that you are pursuing them on a daily basis, longing for them to love you, look to you, and worship you with their lives. You have the gift of forgiveness, and the promise of relationship, ready for their consumption. Lord, each of my kids have prayed the prayer of salvation, and have asked you to enter their hearts. I know you are present, living in them and speaking to them. I pray that their hearts continue to live in the reality of those decisions made long ago. Lord, thank you for the gift of your salvation. I praise you in the depths of my soul, for the many benefits I receive as your daughter. May my children take hold and live as partakers of your beautiful gifts! For this, I will continually fall on my knees in prayer to you!

No comments: