Friday, December 16, 2011

In the Hustle and Bustle

“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.” Isaiah 40:29-31



So much busyness. Not only am I praying that we can survive it all, I am praying that we can thrive as well. I’m praying that while we are dashing from here to there, running to this activity or that, on top of trying to get everything done, that we are still taking the time to enjoy this season and the presence of Christ. This is the season of His birth, and I don’t want to miss the celebration and worship because of all the hustle and bustle.

(At least school finals are coming to a close, and Christmas break is about to begin! I have to admit I'm ready for school to be out...and I'm not even in it!)

Lord, give rest to the weary, and may we find joy in the precious times of worshipping and celebrating you this season.

Lord, you are my strength and my song. You are my hope, my joy, and my reason for living. This season should be one marked by celebration, worship, and even rest. In the busyness of Christmas, may we not forget to fix our eyes on you, our Savior. Be with us as we dash here and there, and remind us of our purpose and calling to shine you in all that we do. Help us to be a light to everywhere we go. May we not forget to treasure you as the greatest gift of all. As we hope in you, renew our strength! Thank you, Lord, for this day and all that it holds.

No comments: