Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday: God With Us

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin.  Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." 
 --Hebrews 4:15-16



It's been a good week!  I'm beyond thankful.  Even when life has been crazy busy, and the pressure of the holidays seems great, God has been with our family.  I've been deeply aware of Christ's compassion and understanding, and His love for me when I'm tired, cranky, and at the end of my own strength.

God has been with us.  Emmanuel.
  • Thank you, Emmanuel, for a wonderful open house with our dear church family, and a sweet hubby who helped in so many ways.  
  • Thank you, Emmanuel, for recovery from the exhaustion with a day of rest.
  • Thank you, Emmanuel, for moments of laughter and conversation with our kids.
  • Thank you, Emmanuel, for helping bring peace, strength and wisdom to our daughter as she wades through finals week (4 finals down, 3 to go).
Thank you, my Emmanuel.

Lord, you are compassionate and abounding in love.  I thank you, Father, for the many ways I see evidence of your character in our lives.  Because you came to earth as a baby, and grew in wisdom and strength as a man, you can sympathize with our weaknessesWhen I struggle, I know I can approach your throne of grace with confidence, so that I may receive mercy and find grace to help me in any time of need.  Oh Lord, you are so good.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle come to know this to be true of your character as well, and when they need help, they know they can turn to you for compassion, empathy, and understanding.  Thank you, Emmanuel, for your presence with us every moment of each day.  I am forever grateful.

No comments: