Thursday, December 1, 2011

Delighting in the Overflow

"You will drink deeply and delight in her overflowing abundance.”  Isaiah 66:11

I have so many things that have brought me delight in the last week.  My heart is overflowing with the abundance of God's blessing.
  • My family traveled here for Thanksgiving and we had a wonderful time together...Thanksgiving dinner (despite the calamities) with "party games", a new-to-us recipe, lots of delicious calories, and family movie night all of us crammed into our little living room.  Other activities included an holiday train ride with Santa Clause, an eyebrow waxing "party" for the girls, the Boise State Football game for the boys, and a houseful of extended family for dessert.  All of it was so delightful!
Cousins (2011)
  • My "29th: birthday hit over the holiday weekend too.  My kids surprised me with a beautiful ring that had each of their birthstones and their names engraved on the side.  I could tell there was much thought and planning put into my gift.  So sweet.  
  • Added to that precious gift, I was given many things that reflected my loves...my favorite smell, color, taste, food, and relaxation activities.  Through each thing I was given I felt wonderfully loved.
Overflowing abundance that brought deep delight to me as I drank it all in!  God is so good!

Thank you, Lord, for all the ways I felt loved this week, and saw your presence in my life.  I am richly blessed!
 

No comments: