Saturday, December 10, 2011

Open House Blessings


Yesterday was our Pastor's Christmas Open House.  We had a full and happy house last night.  What joy it was to watch our church family interact with on another.  There was laughter, encouragement and chit-chat in every corner of my little home (well, it felt little anyway).  It was a fun night.

Of course, I crashed hard when everyone had left and the leftovers were all put away. (Thanks to my dear hubby for all his hard work!) As I laid my head on my pillow last night, and reflected on the evening I was reminded of what a joy it is to be a part of the family of God. 


Lord, I thank you for the joy it is to be a part of your family.  Through the community of believers we can find encouragement, help in our times of need, comfort, and deep relationship.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle always choose to stay close to you, Father, and find their hearts at home in your presence.  In their journey to draw closer to you, may they find themselves invested and integrated into a church family of their own.  Oh how I pray that Alyssa and Kyle's lives are marked by you, and that they are always and forever blessed by being a part of your family.


No comments: