Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Praying Together

"Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven. Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."  Matthew 18:19-20 (NASB)




Each Sunday night I have the precious privilege of hearing a couple of my friends pray for my kids. Oh, I'm so thankful for them.  There is no better way to move into a new week, or release my burdens or fears, and learn to rest in hope for God's intervention in so many things on this parenting journey.  Together, these ladies and I are experiencing sweet communion with the Lord, and seeing His power and grace at work in the lives of our youth.

Thank you, my dear friends, for faithfully gathering together with me in prayer. It's one of my greatest blessings each week!


Lord, it is such a tender experience hearing someone else pray for my children so faithfully, and I can't help but give you thanks today for my friends who gather with me each Sunday night.  You say that when two or more are gathered in your name that you are in their midst.  Your presence with us moms as we pray is the greatest encouragement and gives us the strength we need to face the coming week.  Thank you, Lord, for hearing our prayers, for loving our children even more than we do, and being present and active in their lives day by day, and moment by moment.  What peace that comes knowing that we don't parent alone.  We have you, dear Jesus, and we have friends that walk along side us on this journey.  Thank you for such a precious gift!


 

No comments: