Friday, March 15, 2013

A Sleep-Over

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."  Psalm 4:8


 One sleepy girl! (1999)

With teenagers, sleep cycles can sometimes get out of whack.  Mine and theirs (sometimes I think I am too old for their late night adventures).  If I'd let them, I'm sure my kids would stay up until 2 am and then sleep in until noon.  However, with school's early morning hours, sleeping in isn't a luxury they get very often.

With their growing bodies and the taxing brain activity of school, I'm thinking that both Alyssa and Kyle (and their mother) need some deep, deep sleep.

A "sleep-over" is definitely in order (kind of like a make-over of our sleep habits)!

Early to bed, Early to rise,
Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.

Yawn.

Lord, bring Alyssa and Kyle (and their mom) a deep and sweet sleep.  In the quiet of the night hours, I pray that my babies get the sleep that they need for their growing bodies and minds. Remove any barriers, dear Jesus, that are keeping them from waking refreshed and ready for the day. You are the one to give strength to the weary and increase the power of the weak (Isaiah 40:29). May Alyssa and Kyle find your mercies new every morning and your strength in abundant supply. When their eyes are open through the watches of the night, help them to meditate on your promises (Psalm 119:148). Be Alyssa and Kyle's strength every morning (Isaiah 33:2).

 

No comments: