Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Prayers of Others

"On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers."  2 Corinthians 1:10-11

 Lyssa and Jered in her dorm this weekend. 

I'm so blessed that I have people who pray on my behalf.  I'm sure there are those who pray for me without my knowledge, and I'm grateful.  I also know that there are others who pray for me because they tell me so.  God lays my name on their hearts and they pray. This week, I even called out for prayer, and I know they someone must have obliged because I saw God come to my rescue.  How privileged I am to have people in my life who pray for me!

If you're one of those people, I give God thanks for you!

Here are some answers to prayer this week:
  • Safe travels to Oregon for meetings...even the return since I, for some reason, had a ticket to come home on the wrong day.
  • I loved visiting Alyssa and staying with her in her college dorm.  I was a part of her world for 2 evenings and loved seeing her interact with her friends, hear about and see college life, and hear more words out of her than I would in a whole week at home.
  • Some of my meetings were hard for me, and I shot a quick text during dinner to my hubby to pray, and God came to my rescue.
  • God gave me some parenting wisdom after I asked for prayer.
  • Lyssa is struggling with a class this semester and had a big test yesterday. We're still praying that the grade is good, but she said she thinks she did okay.  I hope it encouraged her just to know we were praying.
"On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us"... AMEN!

Thank you, Lord, for the hope and healing that come as we call on you! As we call to you, you hear us and answer our prayers.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle know the power and peace that come when they call on your name. Deliverance, strength, hope, courage, and faith always are available as we look to you, our Savior!  Thank you for being the God who hears your people!

 

No comments: