Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Victory!

Last year was a Christmas disaster of mega proportion.  Gift giving is fun, and a mom should know exactly what her kid wants for Christmas.  But not this mom.  But not last year.

It puts fear in the shopping this year.  I guess that's why I laugh at this commercial each time it comes on the television.



The mother's reaction makes me laugh!  I dream of the confetti and banner after the opening of presents this year.

VICTORY!!!

A Christmas miracle!

Really, I am making light of last year's memory and putting all the responsibility back on me and my gift-giving abilities, but I know it's not all about me.  Truly my prayer is more about the appreciation and gratitude of my kid's hearts as they receive thoughtful and generous gifts from others (and me) this Christmas.

That would be the sweet victory!

Lord, you have given the greatest gift of all, and know the pain of watching your children scoff, laugh and, brush-off your sacrifice and blessing.  Thank you for the gift of salvation, forgiveness and grace.  Teach our children, Father, to be grateful for the things things they are given this season.  Help them to show appreciation with words and actions even when their gifts may not be exactly what they want.  Instead, may Alyssa and Kyle's hearts and minds be fixed on the gift-giver, the thought behind the gift, and the sacrifice that may have been made for such thoughtfulness.  May their hearts be full of appreciation this Christmas season.  Lord, thank you for hearing my prayer.

 

No comments: