Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thankful Thursday

"Joab fell with his face to the ground to pay him honor, and he blessed the king. Joab said, “Today your servant knows that he has found favor in your eyes, my lord the king...”  2 Samuel 14:22




I find that the desire to fall with my face to the ground in honor and worship to be quite strong this season...

Recognizing the immense and transforming gift that was made available to me by the gift and birth of God's Son.

Remembering many Christmases past, and a heritage of faithfulness, that have marked my 44 years of life.  I love that God is allowing me to pass on those same things to my kids.  Gathering with our church family for a pageant, Christmas Sunday services, and 2 Candlelight services on Christmas Eve, traveling over the river and through the woods to Grammy and Papa's house, and all 12 of us celebrating Christmas night, was a delight that will mark this season for sure!

Rejoicing in Alyssa and Kyle's pleasure and gratitude for the Christmas gifts they gave, and received.  Even mine (check previous post).  Only two returns needed.  Whew.

Reveling in the thoughtful gifts given our family and our ministry.  I stand in awe, totally amazed and blessed.

Resting in the time-off that comes at the end of a busy season.  Hanging out eating, playing games, reading, teaching others about their new "toys", and seeing the grandeur of bald eagles (picture above). Laughing, snoozing, wresting, tickling, teasing....family.

cousins and their toys!

It's been a Christmas that deserves my honor and thanksgiving to God my Savior!

Lord, thank you for this beautiful Christmas season, for my precious family, and for the many blessings.  I fall with my face to the ground to pay honor to you, my King. My heart is full, my spirit is at peace, and my mind in a state of gracefulness.  Thank you, dear Jesus, for the many ways you touch my life! 



 

No comments: