Saturday, December 29, 2012

His Life-Saving, Giving, Transforming Word

If your law had not been my delight,
I would have perished in my affliction.
I will never forget your precepts,
for by them you have preserved my life.
--Psalm 119:92-93

I love God's Word. Anytime I am struggling I can go there and find hope and comfort. When I am lacking wisdom I open it's pages and find help and answers. What a treasure it is in my life. I'm so thankful that I don't have to live my life without it.

I pray that Alyssa and Kyle fall in love with God's Word too. I hope that when they are going through hard times that they seek answers and comfort in the scriptures. It will ultimately be the key to their survival through some of life's circumstances.

Lyss is in the midst of her first year of college.
She's making important life decisions...who she is going to be "when she grows up", marriage and spouse kind of stuff, and if God and church will be a part of her adult life.

Kyle has always had a natural wonder about the character of God. I hope he stays that way.
He's not too serious yet, but there's talk of future hopes and dreams.
Then there girlfriend stuff. Oh my.

They both will need guidance in
Conflict resolution,
Financial decisions,
Career goals,
And answers for their fears.

Dear children, God's and His Word is THE place to go for the very best answers!

"There is one, even Jesus Christ, that can speak to thy condition"--George Fox

Lord, your Word is a precious gift to your children. Thank you for this wonderful gift. I pray that Alyssa and Kyle fall in love with the Bible, for it is your Holy Word. I pray that it is the place they run to when they need answers for the things they are going through in their lives. When times are hard, may they seek You through your Word. When they need answers to the questions they face in life, may they hunt through your Scriptures. Your Word will offer comfort, peace, answers, and joy as they take time to soak in it. I pray that it becomes a living and active part of their lives.

No comments: