Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Redeemed Time

"God makes everything happen at the right time."  Ecclesiastes 3:11


At first, it just felt like a big glitch in my day.  I mean, no electricity for 5 hours kind of messes up one's plans.

So, in place of baking cookies for our upcoming open house...
  • I had a visit with my neighbor and she shared with me how her friend needs prayer for her newborn baby who is struggling.
  • I had a sweet silence as I finished off my Women's Bible study homework.  When is it ever that silent?  No hum of the refrigerator, no spin cycle on the washer, and no music playing on my computer.  Pure quiet.
  • I had an impromptu visit with my friend as we chatted over freshly baked cookies and a glass of cool water.  (How does one heat water for coffee or tea without electricity?  Such a simple task on a normal day?)  The hour was a delight.
  • And what's a boy to do after school without computers, video games, and cable tv?  Talk to his mother of course.  We laughed over cookies, gold fish crackers, and a glass of milk.  He's a growing boy.
A friend said it well, in response to my facebook status, sharing about my day, "Your time was more than redeemed!"

Yes, I'm thinking so. 

Thank you, dear Jesus, for redeeming my time today.  You make everything happen at the right time.  I just need to remember that sometimes.  Though my plans were different for this day, you used my time for your good and I was blessed.  Help me to be an example to Alyssa and Kyle of how to use time well, to be flexible when your plan takes them down different paths, and to rejoice in the outcomes of "bump in the road".  Lord, you are in control of my days, and I trust you.  Order my steps and plans, and I pray that you will be glorified in my response.

 

No comments: