Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday!

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe."  Hebrews 12:28


Here's a few things I am thankful for this week...

  • A found iPhone...twice.  Kyle's one lucky dude.
  • A free Saturday with my boys.
  • Christmas cards in the mail.
  • White Chocolate Peppermint M & M's from a friend.
  • Sunday night prayer time.
  • A night of singing with my quartet.  Something special about Christmas music!
  • Kyle's continual hard work on his homework.
  • Christmas sock exchange with the ladies at church was full of laughter.
  • A skype call with Lyss.  I'm so proud of her successful first semester in college.
  • Kyle's pride at achieving a personal best in his weightlifting class...295 lb squat.
  • An email prayer from a friend.
  • A beautiful apron as a surprise from an unlikely source.
  • A bottle of light corn syrup from my neighbor (funny thing to be thankful for, I know, but it was a blessing in my busy day!)
  • A "accidental" God-appointment with a hurting friend in the middle of Walmart.
  • Seeing my daughter's artwork on Facebook. (A few shown in this blog post.)


God has been beyond good to us this week!  It's not too hard to be thankful!

Lord, thank you for the many ways I have seen your presence and blessing in my life this week.  My heart is grateful beyond words.  Thank you for showing yourself to me in amazing ways this week.  May Alyssa and Kyle be aware of your activity in their lives as well, and be mindful to give you praise and thanks!  I love you, Lord!


 

No comments: