Monday, December 3, 2012

Someone Else

"And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others."  2 Timothy 2:2



Believe it or not, my kids don't listen to everything I have to say.  In fact, sometimes I get the rolling of eyes, the big exhale, or a chuckle under their breath.  "Oh, Mom!"  Often someone else can offer the same advise or encouragement and they seem to listen to it better. Go figure.

However, I think that Alyssa and Kyle have a lot to learn and sometimes need encouragement and wisdom from someone with a few more years "under their belt".  Someone they can share their worries and fears with.  Or a person to challenge them in their views and attitudes.

Some days it will be me.

But most days it won't be.

So, today I'm praying that they find a friend, or someone to come alongside them, to influence them in the things of the Lord and bless their lives with encouragement and support.

And for those of you who encourage my kids:
Thank you!

Lord, I love my precious children!  I see you in them in so many ways.  Thank you for the way you're growing them up and drawing them near to yourself.  I pray, Father, that you send someone into Alyssa and Kyle's lives that will encourage them in their faith, challenge them in their world views, and teach them some of the lessons of life that for some reason aren't always heard from me.  May they each find a mature friend to influence their spiritual walk closer to you.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle are blessed with mentors that love them, yet are willing to tell them the truth even when it hurts.  Prepare their hearts for these moments, and teach them to be open to the wisdom and guiding of others.  I entrust Alyssa and Kyle to you, dear Jesus, and pray that they are on a continual journey closer to you!


 

No comments: