Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Like a Bird

My soul yearns, even faints,
    for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
    for the living God. 
Even the sparrow has found a home,
    and the swallow a nest for herself,
    where she may have her young—
a place near your altar,
    O Lord Almighty, 
 my King and my God.  
Blessed are those who 
dwell in your house;
    they are ever praising you. 

--Psalm 84:2-4 




We have a trio of trees in our backyard (pictured above) that is about as close to heaven as you can get for some birds.  Each morning and every night we get concert of major proportions.  Sometimes it's so loud, the kids are hollering for the birds to shut-up.  Of course, most of the time, I find the singing to be a sweet, sweet sound.

Yesterday in church someone shared in open worship (a good description here if you want to know more) about the peace that a bird has as it's singing in the trees.  They worry for nothing and they spend their days rejoicing.  Such lives of peace (at least as far as we know!).

So, as I hear the birds sing, I will remember to "Be still and know that He is God" and rest in His presence with me...oh, and rejoice!!

Lord, I pray that Alyssa and Kyle's souls yearn to be in your presence.  You are the living God and they can dwell with you day by day.  Whatever their life circumstance they can trust that you are in and over all.  Help Alyssa and Kyle to live at peace knowing that you are God and you are in control of all.  You are their provider, their strength, and their hope, and because of that, they can let go of any worry, fear or toiling!  May they find that dwelling with you is cause for crying out in praise and thanksgiving.

(I've written about the birds in my trees in a previous post: HERE_

 

No comments: