Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday

“Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. For I am coming, and I will live among you,” declares the Lord.  Zechariah 2:10

This girl is shouting in gladness for the things God has been doing in our lives this week!  Won't you join me in praise and thanksgiving?!

  • Lyss and I took a road trip to Oregon.  Two girls riding the highways all by themselves.  We had a great time with family over the weekend, celebrated some graduations, and enjoyed getting away.  
  • The boys had some "man time" while we were away.  Baseball games, bowling, fishing, video games and I'm guessing some eating out on the town. Kyle probably loved the time watching the Miami Heat win too!
  • Our church made the decision to hire a new "youth guy".  I'm praying expectantly and with great anticipation for what God has in store for the youth of our church!
  • My daughter drove us safely through downtown Portland on Tuesday morning.  Watching my girl safely maneuver through the craziness, and us getting us through to the "other side", brought a sense of growing up and pride.  Thank you, Lord!
  • We've had lots of baseball.  Last night alone Kyle hit a double and a single, and made some great defensive plays.  I've also been blessed by our cheering section.  It's fun to have friends come and watch the game, and cheer our boy on.
  • I've been going through 18 years worth of photos (for our graduation party on Saturday), and though the disorganization is discouraging, the delight in watching the faithfulness of God in our lives through the years in those pictures, makes me stand in awe of His presence and blessing, over and over again.  God has given us beautiful kids, a precious life, and a treasure of memories to hold onto.
 What are you giving God thanks for today?  Isn't He so wonderful!

Lord, with gladness I shout to you!  You live among us in so many ways! Thank you, dear Jesus, for the many blessings of this week.  Thank you for leaving your fingerprints all over our lives.  Alyssa and Kyle are yours, in every way, and I pray that they see your handiwork even in the ordinariness of their days.  I pray that they call you, Lord and Savior, and find their existence blessed by your presence.  I love you, Father, and give you all the praise and thanks.

Your Daughter,

 

No comments: